- Life Care Center of Hilton Head
- NHC HealthCare in Anderson Abuse and Neglect Lawyer
- Heartland Health and Rehabilitation Care Center In Hanahan
- Taking on Greenville East Heartland Health Care Center
- White Oak Manor
- Charleston Heartland of West Ashley Rehab and Nursing Center Neglect and Abuse
- Charleston Bishop Gadsden Episcopal Health Care Center
- Bridge Assisted Living At Life Care Center Of Charleston
- Methodist Oaks Abuse and Neglect Attorneys
- The Pines at Bluffton (Formerly Bloom at Bluffton)
- Bloom at Belfair Senior Living
If your loved one lives in the assisted living community at 800 Fording Island Rd in Bluffton, South Carolina, you probably noticed that a few things have changed.
Less than a year ago, the assisted living facility was named Bloom at Bluffton. When the previous owners sold the community, the new owners changed the name to The Pines At Bluffton. Little else has changed, however. The new owners updated some of the interior spaces, but outside, you’ll notice the same buildings. It’s still a community of aging people, some of whom need assistance, security, and care.
The Pines at Bluffton website shows beautiful photos of happy older adults enjoying entertainment and social interaction. Just like its predecessor, the community offers independent living and provides limited medical care. The staff maintains some degree of involvement in many facets of their lives. They prepare and serve residents’ meals. They offer medication management, housekeeping, personal care, and a few health-related services.
As with any facility with this much control over vulnerable people, you must closely monitor your loved ones so you feel confident about their safety and security. Even if you hear nothing about employee misdeeds or harmful acts, you must stay connected, just in case.
The Hughey Law Firm knows this firsthand we sued the facility successfully when it or its staff neglected, abused, or otherwise injured our clients. If negligent or abusive behavior injured you or your loved one there, call us today. We know the facility, so we know how to take swift, effective action for you.
Table of Contents
- The Pines at Bluffton
- Online Public Reviews
- Should You Worry if Your Loved Ones Live at The Pines at Bluffton?
- Call Us Now for Help With Injuries at The Pines at Bluffton
- Client Testimonial
The Pines at Bluffton
The Pines at Bluffton is an assisted living community located at 800 Fording Island Rd, Bluffton, South Carolina. WindRiver Company of Dallas, Texas, purchased the property from Kandu Capital in May 2021. It’s one of 16 senior living communities the company owns. The Pines at Bluffton name is in keeping with their “pine” theme at other senior communities in Texas, Florida, and Oklahoma.
The Pines at Bluffton Stresses Independent Living
The Pines at Bluffton provides independent living options similar to the prior owners. Residents control most elements of their lives, but they have access to a selection of care and lifestyle services.
The community offers three residential levels:
- Assisted Living: A living option for those who prefer to live independently but also want support and assistance. Residents reside in apartment-style living spaces. The Pines staff provides meals, cleaning, transportation, entertainment activities, and other services.
- Memory Care: The Pines at Bluffton provides a secure living area for residents with dementia. They live in “Reflections Suites” decorated with personal mementos. A licensed nurse and “resident care partners” provide 24-hour “clinical oversight and coordination of care.” While the facility has a nurse on staff, the terms clinical oversight and coordination of care suggest that the nurse plays no role in treatment.
- Respite Care: The facility provides short-term living arrangements for a loved one during family emergencies, rehabilitation periods, family caregiver breaks, and other situations.
Online Public Reviews
Online review sites provide a public forum where people share their experiences with nursing homes and other businesses. As The Pines at Bluffton recently began operating at this location, they have few reviews.
At least one site still shares comments from experiences with the previous owners.
- A Place For Mom: One review of the previous owners described employees as “unfriendly.” Another explained that the memory care unit provided “poor care.”
- Google Reviews: One reviewer gave it one star. She commented that the facility had cleanliness and resident care issues. She also suggested that current facility staff wrote all of the positive reviews.
- Glass Door Employee Reviews: Two Pines at Bluffton employee reviews gave the facility an overall 1.5-star review. One said the residents were kind and loving but the “management sucks.” Another reported that memory care was nice but also reported, “drama, employees talk too much.”
Should You Worry if Your Loved Ones Live at The Pines at Bluffton?
When you explore online senior residential resources, you’ll notice that Pines at Bluffton has accumulated few adverse DHEC surveys or public reviews. That’s due in part to their independent living model. It could also be because they haven’t run this location very long. If your loved one lives here, you must still stay in touch with them and remain cautious and observant.
As with most senior living environments, staff members have access to your loved ones 24/7. That degree of control often creates opportunities for one of the five types of abuse or neglect.
- Physical: The victim endures physical injuries that sometimes cause impairments
- Sexual: Any non-consensual sex or sexual act
- Emotional or Psychological: Humiliating or threatening acts or words
- Neglect: Malnourishment, dehydration, medication issues, and inadequate personal care
- Financial: Fraudulent use of a resident’s financial assets
Watchfulness is particularly important when your loved one is dealing with dementia or other memory issues. Research has shown that older people with memory impairments often become abuse victims. Abuse and neglect occur because they can’t always understand what’s happening. If they understand that staff has abused or neglected them, they don’t always remember it.
Call Us Now for Help With Injuries at The Pines at Bluffton
Did the staff at The Pines at Bluffton injure you or a loved one? Did they fail to move or reposition you or a loved one, causing bedsores? Did they fail to monitor you, a loved one, or staff, and allow an accident to transpire or an easily treatable condition to escalate?
Call the Hughey Law Firm at (843) 881-8644 or reach out to us using our contact page. We can help injured, vulnerable people deal with this facility’s new owners just as we did with the previous ones.
Hughey Law Firm LLC
1311 Chuck Dawley Blvd. Suite #201
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
“Thank you Hughey Law Firm! It was a pleasure to work with you on my case! From the beginning, every contact I had with your firm was professional, kind, helpful, and painless! I always felt kept in the loop, and important to you as a client. If you are looking for a personal injury attorney with integrity, I would highly recommend Hughey Law Firm!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐