South Carolina Construction Defect Lawyers
Your home is likely the largest investment you will ever make. The persons involved in planning, building and selling you the home owe you certain duties under South Carolina’s construction laws. The architects, engineers, contractors, subcontractors, and product manufacturers may owe you for your losses as a result of their mistakes. The lawyers of Hughey Law Firm LLC can aggressively pursue recovery for you in these matters. We have previously defended large insurance carriers in construction defect litigation and now can put that experience to work for you. We will put together the necessary team of experts for forensic and cost reports, and we will show the carriers that we mean business.
Contact Our Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation of Your Claim
If your home or project suffered damages due to defective products, negligent design or poor workmanship, our lawyers can help you with a lawsuit or a claim for construction defects involving:
- Foundations: causing structural failures, cracks, and weakened structural supports
- Drainage and waterproofing: resulting in flooded basements, damaged walls, weakened flooring and structural supports, and damaged electrical wirings
- Roofs and joists: causing water leaks, ventilations issues, and structural issues
- Water intrusion: causing mold and damage to the structure or stucco
- and numerous other areas.
Construction accidents and defects are often caused by defective construction materials and other product failures. Even if the work on your home was satisfactory, the structure may still be damaged because of negligently designed or manufactured construction materials. Our attorneys represent homeowners in construction defect claims for houses damaged because of:
- Defects to shingles: leading to leaking and poorly constructed roofs
- Defective plumbing systems: causing severe water damage
- Leaks in windows and doors
- Defects in floors: leading to rotten and degraded conditions
- Defects to outside surfaces of your home, such as siding, stucco and fascia
- Problems associated with real and synthetic (EIFS) stucco
- Problems associated with Hardie Plank.
You deserve compensation to pay for the damages to your home. Under theories of negligence, fraud, misrepresentation, or product liability, we can protect your rights under South Carolina’s construction laws to collect damages for poor design, manufacturer negligence, builder and contractor negligence, and carelessness or negligence by other liable parties.
To learn how to collect money for damages caused by defective products or poor workmanship in an insurance claim for defective residential construction, contact Hughey Law Firm today.