When you need medical care, you want a hospital that can provide the quality care you need. After all, when you have to go to a medical center for an illness or surgery, you expect to leave in better condition than when doctors admitted you. Sadly, that is not always the case with medical centers and hospitals.
Patients could develop infections, suffer from surgical errors, or don’t receive the medical care they need because the facility doesn’t have the qualified professionals that the patient needs. Contact a East Cooper Medical Center neglect and abuse attorney at Hughey Law Firm for a free case evaluation if you or a loved one suffered injuries or infections because of East Cooper Medical Center’s negligence.
East Cooper Medical Center Neglect and Abuse Guide
- Identifying Medical Facility Abuse and Neglect
- East Cooper Medical Center
- Recovering Damages
- Contact the Hughey Law Firm
How the Hughey Law Firm Can Help
The Hughey Law Firm has successfully handled cases against East Cooper Medical Center and other medical facilities. You could recover damages if you suffered injuries or lost a loved one because of negligence at a hospital, whether from infections, surgical errors, incompetent staff, or other issues.
Our attorneys can help you with settlement negotiations or, if the facility refuses a fair and reasonable settlement, help you through the litigation process. Medical malpractice cases are complex, and we help with preparation for recovering the compensation you deserve.
Preparation for a medical malpractice case includes:
- Obtaining your medical records.
- Obtaining other hospital records regarding your situation.
- Deposing witnesses.
- Investigating your case.
- Working with expert witnesses, including investigators and other medical professionals.
Once we receive all the information, we can start settlement negotiations with the facility’s or doctor’s insurance company, so you don’t have to have that additional stress. If the insurance company refuses a fair and reasonable settlement, we can litigate your case.
East Cooper Medical Center
The East Cooper Medical Center has several locations, all in Mt. Pleasant:
- Hospital and emergency department at 2000 Hospital Dr., Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.
- Charleston Breast Center, an imaging center, 2000 Hospital Dr., Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.
- Charleston Imaging Center, 582 Lone Tree Dr., Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.
- Comprehensive Wound Center, 1156 Bowman Rd., Ste. 103, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.
- East Cooper Laboratory Services 851 Leonard Fulghum Blvd., Ste. 102, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation, 851 Leonard Fulghum Blvd., Ste. 102, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.
- Sleep Center, 2000 Hospital Dr., 5th Floor, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464.
The facilities offer many services, including but not limited to cardiovascular, obstetrics, orthopedics, diagnostic imaging, sleep studies, wound care, general surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, gynecology, physical therapy, and more.
According to Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, the facility did not provide statistical information in several areas, including MRSA infections, blood infections, sepsis infections after surgery, death from treatable severe complications, the number of qualified nurses, and other factors included in the organization’s information request.
The facility rated poorly for:
- Dangerous object left in patient’s body (best score 0.000, average score 0.015, East Cooper’s score 0.352).
- Surgical wound splits open (best score 0.30, average score 0.81, East Cooper’s score 1.07).
- Blood leakage (best score 1.29, average score 2.38, East Cooper’s score 2.85).
- Specially trained doctors for ICU patients (best score 100, average score 67.47, East Cooper’s score 5).
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one due to negligence at a medical center, you could recover economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages have a monetary value and include:
- Medical expenses.
- Lost wages.
- Loss of future earning capacity.
- Death-related expenses, including funeral, burial, and cremation expenses and probate attorney’s fees and costs.
Non-economic damages do not have an objective monetary value. As with economic damages, the court orders the defendant to pay them in an attempt to make you financially whole again. While the money doesn’t heal you or bring back a loved one, it significantly reduces your financial stress from losing income coming into the household.
Non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering, including emotional distress.
- Loss of quality of life if you have to make lifelong changes, such as taking prescription drugs or using ambulatory aids.
- Loss of consortium if you can no longer enjoy a physical relationship with your spouse.
- Loss of companionship if you can no longer participate in family activities and events.
- Loss of bodily function use, such as your eyesight or bladder.
- Loss of use of a body part, such as your arm or foot.
- Excessive scarring or disfigurement.
- Amputation of a digit or limb.
- Inconvenience if you have to hire someone to do the chores you usually do, such as grocery shopping, house cleaning, lawn maintenance, and home repair and maintenance.
Contact the Hughey Law Firm
If you or a loved one suffered injuries or abuse at East Cooper Medical Center or lost a loved one because of the medical staff’s negligence, consult a hospital negligence attorney as soon as possible. At the free case evaluation, you can ask as many questions as you need and discuss your concerns.
You can also learn more about medical malpractice cases and hospital negligence. You can also learn about your options and how to proceed with your case.
The Hughey Law Firm fought cases against East Cooper Medical Center and many other medical facilities and medical care centers – and won. Call the Hughey Law Firm at (843) 881-8644 for your free case evaluation, or contact us online.
“Thank you Hughey Law Firm! It was a pleasure to work with you on my case! From the beginning, every contact I had with your firm was professional, kind, helpful, and painless! I always felt kept in the loop, and important to you as a client. If you are looking for a personal injury attorney with integrity, I would highly recommend Hughey Law Firm!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!
South Carolina Office – Hughey Law Firm LLC
1311 Chuck Dawley Blvd. | Suite 201
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
Phone: (843) 881-8644