If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a collision while riding a bicycle in South Carolina, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. However, getting fair compensation may be easier said than done, especially when the injuries occurred on a bicycle. Our experienced South Carolina bicycle accident lawyers from Hughey Law Firm will fight for every penny you deserve.
Our team has secured hundreds of millions in compensation for our clients for all types of personal injury cases, including bicycle accidents. We are ready to serve you wherever your bicycle accident occurs in South Carolina.
Tables Of Contents
- Why Choose Hughey Law Firm to Lead Your Bicycle Accident Case in South Carolina?
- Recoverable Damages for a Bicycle Accident Victim in South Carolina
- Services We Will Provide When Leading Your South Carolina Bicycle Accident Case
- When to Hire Hughey Law Firm After Your South Carolina Bicycle Accident
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire Hughey Law Firm for a Bicycle Accident Case in South Carolina?
- Call Hughey Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
Why Choose Hughey Law Firm to Lead Your Bicycle Accident Case in South Carolina?
The attorneys at Hughey Law Firm have recovered more than $205 million on behalf of our clients. We know that bicycle accidents can take a life-changing toll on victims, as the weight and speed of a motor vehicle can have a devastating effect on a bicyclist.
Our firm will handle your case with urgency and respect for your privacy. We’ll lead the legal fight while you continue to focus on physical, emotional and mental recovery.
Clients throughout South Carolina choose Hughey Law Firm to handle their cases because:
Our Case Results Speak to Our Firm’s Effectiveness
When considering a law firm for your bicycle accident case, you should demand to see their case results. We make our results public when possible because we’re proud to have won substantial compensation for our clients.
We have gotten financial recoveries totaling:
- $5.425 million
- $3.375 million
- $2.025 million
- $2 million
- $1.65 million
The Hughey Law Firm team has gotten hundreds of millions for our clients. In each case we handle, we settle for nothing less than the client deserves.
Client Service Is Paramount at Hughey Law Firm
Case results are only half of the Hughey Law Firm equation. The other half is client service, which we never compromise on. You deserve respect, dignity, and a law firm that will put your case first. That is what Hughey Law Firm provides.
As our client, you should expect:
- A direct relationship with your attorney (and to have their phone number)
- An answer to all of your calls or a prompt return call whenever a team member is unavailable
- Regular case updates
- A respectful, compassionate attitude from every member of the Hughey Law Firm team
- To know that your case is a priority to us
Bicycle accident victims do not want to have to wait for fair compensation. Therefore, we will work tirelessly to resolve your case as quickly and as fairly as possible.
We Never Predetermine Our Legal Approach – Rather, We Do What Is Best for You
Some law firms may enter a case with the mentality of settling at any cost and going no further than settlement discussions. While Hughey Law Firm will work hard to settle your case, there are other options that we are willing to exhaust.
Going to trial is one of those options. If we need to take your case to court to seek the compensation you deserve, we absolutely will. You’ll notice that our case results include both settlements and verdicts, proving that we do what is in our client’s best interests.
Our Former Clients in South Carolina Speak Highly of Us
The words of former clients carry great weight. Only clients see what a law firm is willing, or not willing, to do for them. The fact that we have earned many positive reviews from former clients is a credit to our firm.
These clients speak of our:
- Will to win
- All-around quality service
You should expect these benefits when you hire Hughey Law Firm for your bicycle accident case.
South Carolina Is Our Home, so We Take Bicycle Accidents Personally
Our attorneys live and work in South Carolina. It is our home, and we take it personally when someone injures a fellow South Carolinian (or even a visitor in our home state). You’ll see how much we care about your case by the way that we fight for you.
Recoverable Damages for a Bicycle Accident Victim in South Carolina
Your recoverable damages will be the centerpiece of your case. These damages determine what amount of compensation you deserve. While the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports the total cost of bicycle accidents at more than $23 billion annually, we will determine the cost of your case.
Your recoverable damages may include:
- Medical bills: The serious injuries resulting from a bicycle accident may lead to lofty medical bills. A bicyclist may need emergency transport, emergency care, and several other medical services following their accident. We’ll seek compensation for all accident-related medical bills.
- Property damage: Bicyclists should get compensation for bike damage and other property damage from their accidents.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering can include physical pain, emotional and psychological distress, lost quality of life, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), sleep problems, and other non-economic damages resulting from your accident.
- Professional damages: If a bicycle accident causes you to lose income, earning power, productivity, benefits, promotions, bonuses, or any other professional reward, Hughey Law Firm will calculate the cost of these professional damages.
We evaluate clients’ damages on a case-by-case basis, as no two bicycle accidents are the same. We will attempt to uncover every damage resulting from your bicycle accident in South Carolina.
We Can Represent You After a Fatal Bicycle Accident
We know how tragic it is when a bicycle accident claims someone’s life. Our firm shoulders the legal responsibility of wrongful death cases for our clients, and we can do the same for you.
Recoverable damages in a wrongful death case can include:
- Medical expenses
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Surviving loved ones’ pain and suffering
- Lost companionship
- Lost parental guidance
- Funeral costs
- Loss of household services
- Loss of the decedent’s income
While many things in life have gotten safer over time, the National Safety Council (NSC) has reported a rising number of bicycle accident deaths. We are in a busier, more distracted time than we’ve ever been in our history, and the issue only becomes worse when compounded with poorly designed streets promoting vehicles over pedestrians and bicyclists. Our firm does what it can to get justice for the families affected by these tragic accidents when they occur.
Services We Will Provide When Leading Your South Carolina Bicycle Accident Case
From the moment you hire Hughey Law Firm to represent you, we take a leading role in your case. We will get your account of events, secure any useful documents in your possession, and help you make any necessary statements to insurance companies or other parties.
From there, expect Hughey Law Firm to handle every case-related duty, including:
Identifying Liable Parties
Motorists can help avoid bicycle accidents by driving safely and attentively. Dangerous motorists may be the single greatest risk to bicyclist health and safety in South Carolina.
If a motorist hits you, they may be liable for your damages. If another party—a vehicle manufacturer, a municipality in South Carolina, or another party—is liable, we’ll demand that they cover your damages.
Documenting Your Bicycle Accident
We will paint a vivid picture of your bicycle accident. This way, we may prove that the defendants in your case are undoubtedly liable for your damages.
We may document your accident using:
- Any available police report
- Witness accounts of the accident
- Video footage of the accident
- Your own recorded statements
- An expert’s reconstruction of the accident
- Photographs of damage to your bicycle and of damage to the vehicle that struck your bike
No two bicycle accidents happen in exactly the same way. We will tell the story of your bike accident and explain why that story entitles you to compensation.
Documenting Accident-Related Damages
We will identify all of the damages resulting from your bicycle accident.
Proof of your damages may include:
- Medical images of your injuries, possibly including X-rays, MRIs, and CT scans
- Doctors’ diagnoses of your injuries
- Mental health professionals’ diagnoses of emotional or psychological symptoms
- Proof of time missed from work (and past pay statements to prove your lost income)
- Invoices for medical care, bicycle repairs, temporary transportation, and other case-related expenses
This documentation will be key in proving that you deserve the settlement we are seeking from liable parties.
Calculating Your Damages
Once we have identified and valued each individual damage, we’ll know how much compensation you deserve. We will also need to project the cost of your future damages if you continue to experience any economic or non-economic damages.
Initiating Settlement Negotiations
The attorneys at Hughey Law Firm will complete settlement negotiations on your behalf. Negotiating is a skill that we have sharpened through experience. Our attorneys are comfortable in the discomfort of a negotiating room, and we won’t back down from our settlement demands.
We take our time when calculating your damages. Therefore, we know that you deserve the compensation we are seeking. This is why we will stand firm on our settlement requests.
Explaining Whether You Must Go to Trial (and Completing Any Necessary Trial)
A trial may be necessary if liable parties are unwilling to settle fairly. Hughey Law Firm has represented and won for many clients at trial. We’ll update you as we negotiate a settlement and discuss the possibility of a trial if necessary.
When to Hire Hughey Law Firm After Your South Carolina Bicycle Accident
You should hire Hughey Law Firm as soon as possible after your bicycle accident.
Reasons not to wait before hiring a personal injury lawyer include:
- The statute of limitations for bicycle accident cases: S.C. Ann. §15-3-530 generally requires that we file a bicycle accident case within three years of the accident. This is true of both personal injury lawsuits and wrongful death claims. However, there can be rare exceptions to this statute, so contact Hughey Law Firm even if three years have passed since your bicycle accident.
- The fleeting nature of evidence: Evidence does not stick around forever. Certain evidence, like video footage, may be especially fleeting. The sooner you hire a bicycle accident from our firm, the sooner we will begin collecting evidence and documentation for your case.
- The safety of your rights (and your potential financial recovery): Your rights are at risk from the very moment your bicycle accident happens. Saying a single wrong word can compromise any financial recovery you deserve.
Hughey Law Firm will protect and advise you as soon as you hire us. There is no time to wait after a bicycle accident case, so retain our team’s services as soon as possible.
We Keep You Informed Throughout the Legal Process
You should have confidence that, as you recover, Hughey Law Firm is fighting for your financial recovery. However, we understand that the mind has the potential to assume the worst. Therefore, our team will update you regularly about the status of your case.
We also encourage you to call us whenever you have a question or concern. You will have your attorney’s phone number, and a team member will always be available to speak with you.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Hughey Law Firm for a Bicycle Accident Case in South Carolina?
Nothing. We require no upfront compensation to hire Hughey Law Firm. There are also no direct costs for completing your case, as our firm takes care of all case-related expenses.
Here’s how our fee structure works:
- We agree to accept your bicycle accident case in South Carolina
- We explain that our firm will receive a percentage of any settlement or judgment we secure for you
- We complete the legal process, covering every case-related cost
- If we win, we get a percentage of your recovery (and you get the remainder)
- If we don’t win, you owe us nothing, and we bear the cost of completing your case
When we accept a bicycle accident case, we plan to win. Either way, you won’t have to pay out of your own pocket to hire Personal Injury Law Firm.
Call Hughey Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
Our South Carolina bicycle accident lawyers can serve as an essential resource during your time of need. Our personal injury attorneys in South Carolina have relevant experience and the will to win for you.
Contact Hughey Law Firm today at (843) 203 6689 for your free consultation about your South Carolina bike accident case. Remember that the clock is ticking on your case, so don’t wait to call us.
Schedule A Free Consultation Today!
Hughey Law Firm – Charleston Office
171 Church Street Suite 330
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 203 6689
“Thank you Hughey Law Firm! It was a pleasure to work with you on my case! From the beginning, every contact I had with your firm was professional, kind, helpful, and painless! I always felt kept in the loop, and important to you as a client. If you are looking for a personal injury attorney with integrity, I would highly recommend Hughey Law Firm!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐