Wildewood Downs assisted living facility in Columbia, South Carolina, has faced allegations of allowing mistreatment to its residents. If your loved one suffered abuse, neglect, or another type of mistreatment while living at Wildewood Downs, they deserve justice.
The lawyers at Hughey Law Firm will demand the compensation that your loved one deserves for the mistreatment they have experienced at Wildewood Downs. Our South Carolina Abuse and Neglect Lawyers advocate for those who have suffered needlessly in elder care facilities—and we’ve successfully done it with this facility, so we know how to help your loved one move on from their traumatic experience.
Tables Of Contents
Why Victims of Elder Mistreatment (and Their Loved Ones) Choose Hughey Law Firm to Represent Them
We have successfully represented victims of elder abuse in facilities across South Carolina. Our attorneys know the telltale signs of elder mistreatment, know what facilities must do to protect their residents, and know how to seek compensation for victims wronged by Wildewood Downs, because we’ve done it before. If you need to report elder abuse in South Carolina, our team can provide you with expert legal assistance and seek compensation for those who have been wronged.
When you hire Hughey Law Firm to represent you or a loved one, you get:
- A lawyer experienced in elder mistreatment cases: The lawyer we pair with you will have ample experience in cases like yours. We want your case to have the strongest possible chance of success, so we’ll provide you with the attorney who we believe is best suited to represent you (or your loved one).
- A law firm that takes a personal stake in elder mistreatment cases: As we have handled many elder mistreatment cases, we’ve seen the human toll that victims suffer. We know that winning cases like yours is about more than money, so we provide a personal legal approach.
- The financial support of our firm: We cover case-related expenses. You’ll only pay us a fee if we get compensation for you. This way, you’ll have no financial concerns about hiring Hughey Law Firm.
- A firm with proven success: Our team has recovered more than $205 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Elder mistreatment cases account for a substantial portion of these winnings.
When you need a lawyer to hold Wildewood Downs accountable for negligence, we believe that Hughey Law Firm is the choice.
How Our Team Will Fight for Your Loved One
Hughey Law Firm is a full-service legal outfit. We allow our clients to continue living their lives without interruption because we handle every step in the legal process.
We will assist your loved one by:
- Gathering evidence of Wildewood Downs’ negligence: Regardless of which individuals mistreated your loved one, Wildewood Downs had the responsibility to ensure high-quality care. By gathering evidence of your loved one’s mistreatment, we’ll gather evidence of Wildewood Downs’ negligence.
- Calculating your loved one’s damages: We’ll determine the financial cost of all the harm your loved one has suffered. This includes damages without a clear financial cost, such as pain and suffering.
- Leading settlement negotiations: Wildewood Downs refuse to cover your loved one’s damages. We’ll lead settlement negotiations, explain how much compensation your loved one deserves, and demand every dollar your loved one deserves.
We will if we need to take your loved one’s case to trial. You can focus on your loved one’s relocation and health, and we’ll worry about the responsibilities of their legal case and provide guidance on how to prevent elder abuse in the future.
We Have Secured Many Substantial Case Results for Elderly Victims of Abuse and Neglect
Hughey Law Firm has secured many substantial case results for elderly clients victimized by abuse and neglect, including:
- $1 million for a client who developed pressure sores due to neglect
- $875,000 for a client who broke their neck and pelvis in a wheelchair accident
- $750,000 who suffered numerous physical assaults
- $500,000 for another client who suffered severe pressure sores due to neglect
- $475,000 for a client who suffered an amputation due to negligent care
Hughey Law Firm does not stand for the mistreatment of elders. Let us fight for the justice your loved one deserves.
Getting your loved one out of Wildewood Downs may be a top priority. Moving will cost money, though, and we can seek compensation for relocation expenses. From hiring movers to fees necessary to get your loved one into a new facility, we’ll demand complete compensation for moving-related costs.
Assisted living Abuse and neglect can cause injuries, infections, and other medical complications. If your loved one needs medical care because of the mistreatment they’ve suffered, we’ll include those expenses in their lawsuit against Wildewood Downs.
Every client we represent has a unique story to tell us. We will work hard to get to know your loved ones and identify how mistreatment has affected them. To the extent possible, we’ll work hard to help your loved one move on from a bad experience at Wildewood Downs.
Call Hughey Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation About Hiring a Wildewood Downs Lawyer
The Personal injury law firm in Columbia regularly take on facilities that allow their residents to suffer harm. We will fight for your loved one, taking the protective measures that Wildewood Downs failed to.
We’ll build your loved one’s case and demand the financial recovery your loved one deserves. Contact Hughey Law Firm today at (843) 881-8644 for your free consultation.
Hughey Law Firm – MT.Pleasant Office
1311 Chuck Dawley Blvd. Suite 201
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
Phone: (843) 881-8644
“Thank you Hughey Law Firm! It was a pleasure to work with you on my case! From the beginning, every contact I had with your firm was professional, kind, helpful, and painless! I always felt kept in the loop, and important to you as a client. If you are looking for a personal injury attorney with integrity, I would highly recommend Hughey Law Firm!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐