- South Carolina Brain Injury Lawyers
- South Carolina Burn Injury Lawyers
- South Carolina Bus Accident Lawyers
- South Carolina Car Accident Lawyers
- South Carolina Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
- Child Injuries
- South Carolina Dog Bite Lawyers
- South Carolina Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
- South Carolina Hospital Fall Attorney
- South Carolina Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Residents of Sweetgrass Village Assisted Living Community, also known as Sweetgrass Village, have complained of elder mistreatment. If your loved one suffered harm from mistreatment while living at Sweetgrass Village, they might receive compensation for relocation costs, medical expenses, and other damages.
The Sweetgrass Village Assisted Living Community lawyers at Hughey Law Firm regularly represent elderly victims of abuse, neglect, and other mistreatment. Because we have won cases against Sweetgrass Village, we know the facility well. We demand justice for the mistreatment of its residents, which means fighting for every cent your loved one deserves. Reach out to a Mount Pleasant nursing home abuse lawyer.
Who Should Take Legal Action Against Sweetgrass Village Assisted Living Community?
If your loved one has suffered harm because of the negligence of owners, administrators, residents, or caregivers at Sweetgrass Village, they may seek compensation for their damages.
Hughey Law Firm represents victims of:
- Physical abuse
- Psychological abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Neglect, which includes allowing bedsores to develop or worsen
- Financial exploitation
If your loved one has experienced another type of mistreatment, we want to hear about it. The many signs of elder mistreatment range from physical injuries to personality changes, social withdrawal, and a disheveled appearance. The attorneys at Hughey Law Firm know these signs well, and we’ll work with experts when necessary to determine the exact forms of mistreatment your loved one has suffered.
Assisted Living Communities in South Carolina Must Protect Their Residents
If a resident suffers mistreatment at an assisted living community in South Carolina, the facility is generally liable for the resident’s damages.
Facilities like Sweetgrass Village too often fail to take basic steps to protect residents, including:
- Maintaining adequate staff at all times
- Implementing clear policies for responding to resident concerns
- Holding employees and administrators accountable for failures
- Aiding staff by installing video cameras and other means of monitoring residents
- Immediately firing employees who show a disregard for resident safety and well-being
Some sources assert that understaffing is a common problem in elder care facilities. Facilities may try to cut costs by reducing staff, but this generally means that residents receive a lower quality of care. Therefore, understaffing typically qualifies as negligence.
Recoverable Damages for Victims of Negligence in Sweetgrass Village
Your loved one’s damages may depend on the type of mistreatment they suffered, the severity of their symptoms, and the unique details of the harm they’ve experienced.
Because the lawyers at Hughey Law Firm regularly represent victims of elder mistreatment, we know that abuse and neglect can cause:
- Pain and suffering: This is a general term for non-economic losses that an older victim of abuse or neglect may experience. Pain and suffering can include emotional distress, personality changes, psychological problems, physical pain, lost quality of life, and several other types of damages.
- Medical expenses: If Sweetgrass neglected or abused your loved one, they might have needed medical attention for injury or illness. We will identify any mistreatment-related medical expenses, as your loved ones should get reimbursed for these costs.
- Relocation expenses: Our lawyers help clients relocate to a safe location. This will be our first priority. Our team will document all relocation expenses and seek compensation for those costs from liable parties.
- Treatment for psychological and emotional trauma: Neglect and abuse can leave deep psychological and emotional symptoms. Your loved one may need counseling, therapy, medication, and other treatment to cope with the mistreatment they have endured at Sweetgrass Village. We’ll work to force liable parties to pay for all necessary treatment.
Every elderly victim of mistreatment has a heartbreaking story to tell. The attorneys at Hughey Law Firm will listen to your loved one’s story and seek the financial recovery they deserve. We pride ourselves on helping defenseless victims get justice, which is what we will aim to do for your loved one.
How Hughey Law Firm Will Work to Hold Sweetgrass Village Responsible for Your Loved One’s Mistreatment
Our attorneys and paralegals will lead your loved one’s case from start to finish.
We manage both the big-picture strategy and the finest details of each case, and our duties generally include:
- Calculating the victim’s damages: Though it can be difficult to measure the true cost of mistreating someone, that is our firm’s job. We’ll total both economic damages (like medical bills and moving costs) and non-economic damages (pain and suffering) to see how much compensation your loved one deserves.
- Documenting those damages: We’ll also gather proof of your loved one’s damages, including medical records, invoices for relocation expenses, and testimony from experts about the psychological damage that mistreatment causes.
- Collecting evidence of abuse or neglect: Through witness accounts, any available video footage, medical professionals’ testimony, and any other available means, we’ll work to establish that your loved one is the victim of abuse or neglect.
- Representing the client in settlement negotiations: The experienced attorneys will negotiate on your loved one’s behalf. Because we will be confident in our calculation of your loved one’s damages, we won’t back down or accept a settlement that is less than your loved one deserves.
- Completing any necessary trial: We take cases to trial when necessary. Though a trial typically requires more time than a settlement, we proceed to court when it is in our client’s best interest.
Your loved one has been through enough. They deserve to focus on recovery and turning the chapter on Sweetgrass Village. Our firm will complete every step of the legal process so that the case is of no concern to you or your loved one.
Don’t Wait to Hire Hughey Law Firm to Start Your Case, as the Clock Is Ticking
South Carolina generally limits the time we have to file personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. To remain ahead of any deadlines and allow us to gather as much evidence as possible, don’t wait to hire Hughey Law Firm.
Call Hughey Law Firm Today for Your Free Consultation
We offer free consultations so that clients can learn about our firm with no strings attached. Afterward, you may hire a Sweetgrass Village Assisted Living Community lawyer from our team to start your case.
Reach out to a South Carolina nursing home abuse lawyer.