If your loved one suffered mistreatment at the Ridgeland Nursing Centers, they might receive compensation through a lawsuit. A nursing center abuse and neglect attorney from Hughey Law Firm will fight for justice for your loved one.
Having an attorney handle your case allows you to focus on your loved one’s health and possibly their move to a new facility. Let us handle the legal fight as you worry about your family. There is no need to worry about the cost of legal representation with our no-win, no-fee arrangements for injury clients. We’ve won cases against Ridgeland before. Call us not to see how we can help you.
Table of Contents
- Why You Should Hire Hughey Law Firm to Represent Your Loved One?
- What Qualifies as Abuse or Neglect?
- What Damages Do Elderly Victims Suffer When They’re Abused or Neglected?
- Who Is Liable for My Loved One’s Damages?
- Call a Ridgeland Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Today for Your FREE Consultation
Why You Should Hire Hughey Law Firm to Represent Your Loved One?
Hughey Law Firm regularly fights for elderly abuse, neglect, and exploitation victims and wins. We understand the unique challenges these cases present, and we know the damages that result from mistreating the elderly. We’ll use our experience and knowledge to complete your loved one’s case as efficiently as possible.
We can serve your loved one by:
- Defending your loved one’s rights
- Investigating the source of their mistreatment, identifying all liable parties in the process
- Gathering all evidence that can help us secure compensation for your loved one
- Hiring experts to help with the case (at no cost to your loved one)
- Handling all communications
- Completing all case-related paperwork
- Fighting hard for a fair settlement
- Going to court, if necessary
Our mission is to secure financial justice for your loved one. We never predetermine the path that a case will take and, therefore, remain prepared for negotiations, trial, and all other possible outcomes.
What Qualifies as Abuse or Neglect?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identifies several types of elder mistreatment, each of which may warrant a personal injury or wrongful death claim.
We can take legal action against Ridgeland Nursing Center for:
- Emotional or psychological abuse: Psychological and emotional abuse often go hand-in-hand. Victims of name-calling, angry outbursts, threats, and other psychological abuse may develop emotional scars. Regardless of how frustrated a caregiver or administrator becomes, they must never resort to psychological or emotional abuse of nursing center residents like your loved one.
- Physical abuse: The CDC defines physical abuse as “the intentional use of physical force” to cause harm. If a caregiver, administrator, or other resident punched, slapped, pinched, burned, or harmed your loved one in other physical ways, then you may need to take legal action.
- Sexual abuse: Predators may take advantage of elderly individuals’ fragility and tragically do so for their sexual gratification. This is an especially deplorable form of elder abuse, and your loved one deserves justice if they’re a victim of sexual abuse.
- Neglect: Neglect may be the most common form of elder mistreatment. Rather than taking overt actions that cause your loved one, neglect is more passive failing to wash your loved one, failing to move them in their bed, and neglecting other responsibilities that a caregiver must fulfill. Neglect can be just as dangerous to your loved one as more overt forms of abuse.
- Financial exploitation: If Ridgeland Nursing Center took advantage of your loved one’s finances or your finances, then you can hold it civilly liable for its actions.
Nursing homes and assisted living facilities are not cheap. The least you can expect is a basic standard of care and the protection of your loved one. If Ridgeland Nursing Centers failed to properly care for or protect your loved one, you can hold them liable for all of your loved one’s damages.
What Damages Do Elderly Victims Suffer When They’re Abused or Neglected?
Our team will speak with you and your loved one to identify all recoverable damages.
Elderly victims of abuse, neglect, and exploitation may experience common types of harm, including:
- Psychological and emotional trauma: Those who bring civil lawsuits can seek coverage for “pain and suffering.” This loss category covers psychological and emotional trauma, as well as specific problems like anxiety, depression, and lost quality of life.
- Trauma treatment: If your loved one needs any form of treatment to deal with psychological and emotional trauma, we’ll see financial coverage for it.
- Economic losses: Your loved one may face expenses to relocate from Ridgeland Nursing Center into a new home where they feel safe. They may also face healthcare expenses for injuries suffered while at Ridgeland Nursing Center.
- Stolen assets: If your loved one was the victim of financial exploitation, we can seek coverage of their stolen assets.
Each case we handle is unique, down to the client’s damages. We will conduct an in-depth investigation of your loved one’s losses, ensuring that we account for both current losses and losses that can occur in the future.
Calculating losses is not a simple feat, and a Ridgeland Nursing Center abuse and neglect attorney from our team will complete this critical step for you.
Who Is Liable for My Loved One’s Damages?
The people tasked with caring for the elderly are, in many cases, perpetrators of abuse and neglect. Our firm will determine who conducted the neglect or abuse of your loved one, then determine liability from there.
Parties whom you might hold liable for your loved one’s damages are:
- A caretaker who engaged in abuse or neglect of your loved one
- Administrators who failed to monitor your loved one, respond appropriately to signs of abuse or neglect, or terminate employees who mistreated your loved one.
- The owners of Ridgeland Nursing Center, who you can hold liable for any mistreatment that occurs within their facility
- A resident who mistreated your loved one
- Any other party whose negligence harmed your loved one
More than one party may be liable for your loved one’s damages. Leave it to our firm to identify who those parties are.
Call a Ridgeland Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Today for Your FREE Consultation
Ridgeland Nursing Center has shown an inability, or unwillingness, to protect its residents. If your loved one has become a victim of Ridgeland Nursing Center’s negligence, let Hughey Law Firm seek justice for your family. You have nothing to lose with our no win, no fee agreements.
Elder mistreatment lawsuits are a crucial piece of seeking justice for the vulnerable, but they can be stressful. Let a Ridgeland Nursing Center abuse and neglect attorney from our team pursue a financial recovery for your loved one. We’ll shield you from the headaches that a lawsuit can present.
Contact Hughey Law Firm today at (843) 881-8644 for your FREE consultation.
Hughey Law Firm LLC
1311 Chuck Dawley Blvd. Suite #201
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
“Thank you Hughey Law Firm! It was a pleasure to work with you on my case! From the beginning, every contact I had with your firm was professional, kind, helpful, and painless! I always felt kept in the loop, and important to you as a client. If you are looking for a personal injury attorney with integrity, I would highly recommend Hughey Law Firm!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐