If Rice Estate Rehabilitation and Nursing, located at 100 Finley Road in Columbia, SC, abused or neglected your loved one, they may deserve compensation for their damages.
Hughey Law Firm is handling claims of nursing home abuse and neglect against Rice Estate we have, in fact, already won cases against the company. We can represent your loved one, fighting for the compensation they deserve.
Table of Contents
- What Qualifies as Elder Abuse or Neglect?
- Rice Estate Has Previous Allegations of Mistreating Residents
- What Are Recoverable Damages in Your Loved One’s Case?
- Why Choose Hughey Law Firm to Represent Your Loved One Against Rice Estate?
- Call Hughey Law Firm Today to Discuss Your Case for Free
What Qualifies as Elder Abuse or Neglect?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports on five primary types of mistreatment that elderly victims suffer.
Forms of mistreatment that may warrant legal action against Rice Estate include:
- Neglect: Your loved one may have suffered neglect if they received less than the deserved level of care. Neglect may include failing to wash, feed, interact with, or clothe your loved one regularly. Failing to administer medications, monitor your loved one, or help your loved one socialize may also qualify as neglect.
- Emotional and psychological abuse: Caring for elderly residents is not always easy, but there is never an excuse for becoming emotionally or psychologically abusive. Name-calling, shouting, intimidation, and guilting are some examples of emotional and psychological abuse.
- Physical abuse: Physically contacting your loved one inappropriately generally qualifies as physical abuse. Slapping, burning, cutting, punching, and yanking are types of unacceptable physical contact that are abusive.
- Financial exploitation: Someone stealing from, manipulating, or otherwise exploiting your loved one for financial gain may be grounds for a civil suit.
- Sexual abuse: A specific form of physical abuse, sexual abuse is particularly heinous. As appalling as it is, sexual abuse does occur in assisted living facilities and nursing homes.
Recognizing abuse and neglect is easy enough on paper. Recognizing signs of abuse or neglect in a real-world setting may be more challenging. At first glance, nothing about your loved one’s life at Rice Estate may seem amiss. After a closer, more critical examination, you may find that your loved one suffered mistreatment
Our firm knows how to recognize the symptoms of abuse and neglect. We may rely on experts to better recognize and understand signs of mistreatment.
Rice Estate Has Previous Allegations of Mistreating Residents
Rice Estate, which provides assisted living, rehabilitation, and nursing services, has faced prior accusations of mistreatment. When considering whether Rice Estate mistreated your loved one, you might keep this history of allegations in mind.
Hughey Law Firm regularly handles nursing home and assisted living facility mistreatment cases. We have even won claims against Rice Estate. This experience is why you may hire us for your loved one’s case. We understand what it takes to win cases involving elder mistreatment.
What Are Recoverable Damages in Your Loved One’s Case?
We assess damages on a case-by-case basis. The potential harm of elder abuse and neglect is immense, and we’ll make sure to account for every loss your loved one suffers.
- Depression and withdrawal from loved ones
- The indignity of being unkempt, unbathed, and otherwise neglected
- Feelings of abandonment
These damages are known as pain and suffering and generally entitle a victim to compensation.
Your loved one may also receive compensation for:
- The cost of medical care related to neglect or abuse
- The cost of relocating to a new facility, should you decide to move your loved one out of Rice Estate
- The cost of their stay at Rice Estate
- Psychological treatment for the trauma they’ve endured
- Any other damages from their abuse or neglect
You need an accurate calculation of your loved one’s damages. You may have only one opportunity to seek financial justice for your loved one.
The Hughey Law Firm team will conduct a careful, deliberate calculation of your loved one’s losses. We will then fight for the settlement or judgment that your loved one deserves.
Why Choose Hughey Law Firm to Represent Your Loved One Against Rice Estate?
There are many compelling reasons to hire a personal injury attorney. You and your loved one may be focusing on relocation, medical care, and other responsibilities. The prospect of taking on a legal case may—understandably overwhelm you.
When you hire an attorney from Hughey Law Firm, you:
- Can rest easy knowing that we’ll handle every step of your case
- Take advantage of our experience handling cases like yours
- Allow us to pay for case-related costs, from expert fees to administrative expenses
- Can focus on other important aspects of your life while we handle the legal duties
Rice Estate is a large facility with significant resources. We may need to negotiate with attorneys for Rice Estate. Without us handling your case, you may need to take on these attorneys alone.
Our Former Clients Praise Hughey Law Firm
We handle each elder abuse case with the utmost compassion and diligence. While we’ll take an aggressive approach towards liable parties, you’ll receive empathy in every interaction with our team.
Our former clients explain why they hired us and left a positive review for Hughey Law Firm:
- “Wonderful law firm! Very easy to communicate with, and they go above and beyond to get the job done! Easy to communicate with and always so pleasant!” – Alexis, former client
- “Mr. Hughey is the consummate professional with a thorough understanding of the law and the nuanced implications that change peoples’ lives. He was laser-focused on our issues and provided a pathway to justice that would not have been possible had it not been for his knowledge and skill in communications and application. He will not disappoint.” – Steve, former client
- “Thank you so much for having a law firm that is both highly professional and extremely caring. The Hughey Law Firm goes above and beyond to ensure that you are treated with respect and integrity. Highly skilled and hard-working!” – Carl, former client
Expect the same degree of dedication when you hire us for your case.
Call Hughey Law Firm Today to Discuss Your Case for Free
There are no obligations when you call for your free consultation. Don’t wait, as we may have a short time to file your loved one’s case.
Hughey Law Firm – Charleston Office
171 Church Street Suite 330
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 633-6877
“Thank you Hughey Law Firm! It was a pleasure to work with you on my case! From the beginning, every contact I had with your firm was professional, kind, helpful, and painless! I always felt kept in the loop, and important to you as a client. If you are looking for a personal injury attorney with integrity, I would highly recommend Hughey Law Firm!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐