Has your loved one suffered abuse or neglect as a resident at The Palmettos of Charleston? The Palmettos of Charleston have mistreated residents in the past, making your loved one’s abuse or neglect all the more intolerable.
In fact, we know this facility too well: It already has mistreated at least one of our clients, and we successfully held them to account.
An attorney from Hughey Law Firm can fight for justice for you and your loved one. Let us handle your loved one’s legal case while you focus on their well-being.
What Qualifies as Abuse or Neglect of the Elderly?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identifies four primary categories of elder mistreatment: Physical abuse, emotional or psychological abuse, neglect, sexual abuse, and financial exploitation.
Several specific behaviors or failures may warrant a lawsuit against The Palmettos of Charleston, including:
- Failing to provide the most basic types of care that your loved one deserves, from assisted feeding to bathing, healthcare services, and protection
- Abusing your loved one in any way, whether the abuse includes physical harm, emotional or psychological torment, or sexual mistreatment
- Stealing from your loved one
- Hiring caregivers who perpetrate or allow the mistreatment of your loved one
- Failing to ensure a safe living facility
Facilities like The Palmettos of Charleston can fail a loved one in countless ways. Our team will review the details of your loved one’s mistreatment. We can identify where the facility fell short of its responsibility to your loved one.
Is The Palmettos of Charleston Liable for the Abuse or Neglect of Your Loved One?
Nursing homes and assisted living facilities are generally liable when abuse, exploitation, or neglect occurs on their premises. Even if your loved one’s mistreatment occurred offsite, The Palmettos of Charleston might still be liable—facilities must look out for their residents in all instances.
The attorneys at Hughey Law Firm will determine if The Palmettos of Charleston should be a defendant in your loved one’s lawsuit. Keep in mind that multiple parties can be liable for an instance of elder mistreatment in Charleston.
How Hughey Law Firm Will Help Your Loved One
We are a full-service law firm representing those needing us the most. This is why we eagerly pursue cases involving elder abuse and neglect—those who mistreat the defenseless must be held accountable.
With Hughey Law Firm leading your case against The Palmettos of Charleston, you should expect us to:
- Document your loved one’s losses: The World Health Organization (WHO) notes that long-term psychological and physical injuries can occur in elderly abuse and neglect victims. We will document all injuries, trauma, and other damages your loved one has suffered.
- Collect evidence that The Palmettos of Charleston failed your loved one: We’ll gather evidence that indicates negligence on behalf of the facility or individuals who’ve caused your loved one harm. Security video and witness accounts may provide helpful evidence.
- Leading the legal process: We can file a lawsuit on your loved one’s behalf if this is the strategy we pursue. Our team will handle all subsequent legal steps, allowing you to focus entirely on your loved one’s well-being.
- Seeking fair compensation through settlement or trial: The multiple ways to resolve an elder abuse or neglect lawsuit include settlements and trials. Our team will approach your case with an open mind, seeking the outcome that is in your loved one’s best interests.
Hughey Law Firm will also protect your loved one. Without our protection, your loved one might expect pressure to revoke their allegations, intimidation tactics, and other threats to their case. Our team’s Charleston nursing home attorneys can stymie all such tactics, protecting your loved one and their case.
Why Choose Hughey Law Firm?
Our firm has recovered more than $195 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients. It’s not just the results that matter, though.
The way we treat our clients is just as important, and we:
- Put the client’s interests first: There are all sorts of law firms in Charleston with varying motives. With Hughey Law Firm, you will quickly realize that we have your loved one’s interests at heart. Our goal will be the same as yours: Get a fair financial recovery and hold The Palmettos of Charleston responsible for its negligence.
- Keep in touch: We never leave our clients in the dark. You will know the latest development with your case at any given moment. We will let you know as soon as updates occur or circumstances change.
- Are always available: If you ever have questions or concerns, the Hughey Law Firm team is available. You can connect with us via phone, text, email, and in person.
- Stop at nothing when seeking a fair recovery: One measure of a law firm is how hard they fight for clients. Our attorneys never back down from tough circumstances. When we accept your case, we plan to win it, period.
This does not make your loved one’s case easy. The Palmettos of Charleston is a big-time facility with resources on its side. This makes your choice of an attorney important.
Hire Hughey Law Firm to serve your loved one. We know how to win cases against The Palmettos of Charleston. We have done it before. We are fully prepared to do it again.
Recoverable Damages for Abuse or Neglect of Nursing Home Residents in Charleston
Recoverable damages vary from one elder abuse or neglect case to the next but may include:
- Medical expenses related to abuse or neglect
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological treatment for trauma
- The cost of relocating your loved one to a new facility
Your loved one may also get reimbursed for their time at The Palmettos of Charleston. We will review the relevant details of your loved one’s case and assess their damages. This will give you a clearer understanding of a fair settlement figure.
Call Hughey Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
You should not wait to hire Hughey Law Firm for your loved one’s case. Charleston elder abuse and neglect cases may have strict deadlines, and our attorneys are ready to start your case today.
Hughey Law Firm – Charleston Office
171 Church Street Suite 330
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 633-6877
“Thank you Hughey Law Firm! It was a pleasure to work with you on my case! From the beginning, every contact I had with your firm was professional, kind, helpful, and painless! I always felt kept in the loop, and important to you as a client. If you are looking for a personal injury attorney with integrity, I would highly recommend Hughey Law Firm!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!