Whether you suffered injuries while on a boat, fell from a boat, or suffered harm from another type of boating accident, the cost of your injuries can be immense. The cost of a fatal boat accident can be even greater. A South Carolina boating accident lawyer from Hughey Law Firm will seek fair compensation in either circumstance.
Our firm has developed an unrivaled reputation for client service. We also have a robust list of successful case results demonstrating how we represent our injured clients. When you’re in a boat accident and need justice and financial support, contact Hughey Law Firm.
Why Boating Accident Victims Hire Their Lawyer from Hughey Law Firm
We’ve learned from experience what boating accident victims need and want from their lawyers. We expect that you are facing several responsibilities, and physical limitations, that will make it difficult to lead your own claim or lawsuit. Our firm is here to handle every step of your case.
Boat accident victims and surviving loved ones affected by fatal accidents choose Hughey Law Firm because:
- South Carolina is our state: Attorney Nathan Hughey is a fourth-generation South Carolinian, and much of our staff has close personal ties to The Palmetto State. We live and work daily in South Carolina, giving us an unparalleled understanding of laws, local geography, and our clients’ needs.
- We know how to complete boating accident cases: Our attorneys are also very familiar with boating accident cases. Each case type presents unique considerations and challenges. Our extensive background in leading boating accident cases in South Carolina can benefit your case.
- Our clients feel valued: We never forget that Hughey Law Firm cannot exist without our clients. When you hire our firm, you’ll feel like you’re part of a team.
- Our case results prove our worth to clients: Hughey Law Firm strives to secure every dollar the client deserves. Our case results show that no matter the value of your damages, we stop at nothing to deliver for clients.
- We can start your case today: Boating accident victims, in our experience, need fair compensation as quickly as possible. We can start your case today so that we may get the money you deserve as soon as we possibly can.
You can bet that Hughey Law Firm will treat you right.
Our firm embraces time-tested principles of client service, and we:
- Update you regularly so you always know your case status
- Reach out to monitor your recovery and assure you that we’re working towards a legal resolution
- Show compassion in patience every time we speak with you
- Provide your attorney’s direct phone number
- Encourage you to contact our firm whenever you have a question or concern
We’re not exaggerating when we say the client comes first. Review our firm’s testimonials to hear from former clients themselves.
Our Case Results Should Instill Confidence in Our Legal Team
It is worth examining our case results more closely.
We fought tirelessly to get these financial recoveries for our clients:
- $5.425 million for a client who suffered catastrophic injuries
- $3.375 million for clients who lost a loved one in a way that qualified as a wrongful death
- $2.025 million for another client who suffered severe injuries because of another party’s negligence
Clients’ damages vary immensely, but we always determine precisely how much money a client deserves—then we fight for it. We promise to do the same for you. And we do it without charging you anything upfront—we work on a no win, no fee basis.
We’ll Seek a Financial Recovery for All Your Boating Accident-Related Damages, Including These
The nature and cost of your damages depend on whether you have suffered non-fatal injuries or lost a loved one.
Those who survive their boat accident may deserve compensation for:
- Their pain and suffering: Boating accidents are nothing if not traumatic. Those who suffer from drowning accidents can suffer post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), as may boat accident victims who don’t experience drowning. You may also suffer various other forms of pain and suffering during and after your accident.
- Medical bills: Any medical bills related to your boating accident should entitle you to compensation. Generally, the more serious your injuries, the more costly medical care will be. However, even seemingly minor injuries can result in major medical costs.
- Lost income: If you miss any work because of your boating accident, we’ll seek compensation for lost income. A boating accident victim may also lose earning power, fail to make bonuses and promotions, and suffer other professional damages.
- Mental health services: We’ll include the cost of any medication, counseling, or other mental health treatment in your lawsuit or claim.
- Property damage: If you suffered property damage, whether to your boat, phone, or other property, our attorneys will determine the cost of repair or replacement of that property.
- Any other damages resulting from their boating accident: If you have suffered any other damages not listed here, trust the lawyer at Hughey Law Firm to seek appropriate compensation for you.
Boating accidents can happen in any area of South Carolina with water access, from Hilton Head to Moncks Corner, Charleston, and Columbia. Even cities and towns without a major river, lake, or coastal water can be the site of a boating accident.
When disaster strikes on the water, get medical help. Then, call Hughey Law Firm to seek justice immediately.
What Damages Do To Survivors of a Wrongful Death Experience?
Our team extends its condolences if you have lost a loved one following a boating accident in South Carolina. You surely have pain and suffering and may need mental health services to cope. You may also face medical bills from your loved one’s injuries, and we’ll include those healthcare expenses in your case.
Survivors of wrongful deaths in South Carolina may also suffer:
- Loss of a spouse’s companionship
- Loss of a parent’s guidance
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of the decedent’s household services
- Loss of the decedent’s income and other professional benefits
- Other economic and non-economic damages
Our attorneys will not know your damages until we review your case. We can get started as soon as possible, so don’t wait to contact Hughey Law Firm.
Services the Hughey Law Firm Team Provides Boating Accident Victims in South Carolina
Hughey Law Firm provides all the legal services that a boating accident victim in South Carolina needs, including:
- Protection: We ensure that insurance companies or defendants in your case cannot violate your rights. We manage all communications, so these parties cannot contact you first.
- Evidence collection: Our attorneys will urgently gather evidence. We will seek witness accounts, incident reports, and other evidence that helps your case.
- Documentation and calculation of damages: We will get any medical records, medical bills, invoices, or other documentation that helps prove your damages. Once we’ve gathered all relevant information, we’ll calculate the exact cost of those damages.
- Settlement negotiation: Let the hardened negotiators at Hughey Law Firm demand the compensation you deserve.
- Trial services: If your case is best fought at trial, you have chosen the right firm. The attorneys at Hughey Law Firm are trial attorneys, meaning we’re always ready to take a boating accident case to court.
We have experience, financial resources, and personnel with which to support your case. Let Hughey Law Firm do what we do best: Fight for justice.
Call Hughey Law Firm Today About Hiring a South Carolina Boating Accident Lawyer
We may face a deadline for filing your case, so do not delay. Your South Carolina personal injury lawyer from Hughey Law Firm can start your case as soon as we complete your consultation. You can learn about your legal options, and we can begin protecting your rights.
“I had a wonderful experience with Hughey Law Firm. Everybody was very professional and made the process easy. No doubt, if ever again, I will return to Hughey Law Firm!” –
Victoria G. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews.