If your loved one experienced neglect, abuse, exploitation, or any other type of mistreatment while living at The Bayshore on Hilton Head Island, the facility must be accountable for its failures. The legal team at Hughey Law Firm fights for victims of elder mistreatment, and we’ll lead your loved one’s case from start to finish.
Hiring a Bayshore on Hilton Head Island assisted living facility lawyer from our firm will allow you to concentrate on other responsibilities including your loved one’s safety. Hughey Law Firm will handle every aspect of the case for you.
Table of Contents
Reasons to Hire a Bayshore on Hilton Head Island Lawyer from Hughey Law Firm
Those who discover the mistreatment of their loved one may endure several stages. Once you have accepted that your loved one has suffered abuse or neglect (or may have suffered mistreatment), you may want to hire a lawyer as soon as possible.
Hiring an elder abuse lawyer from Hughey Law Firm can:
- Spare you the stress and responsibility of a legal case
- Allow you to continue focusing on your loved one and your own responsibilities
- Prevent you from having to learn the ins and outs of a lawsuit
- Protect you from the financial cost of an elder abuse or neglect case
Choose Hughey Law Firm to represent your loved one because our firm offers:
- Total financial support: Our clients pay us nothing from their pockets. We complete every case before ever receiving a dime. We’ll pay experts, cover filing fees, and finance the rest of your case without worrying about the cost. If we win (which we always plan to), our team will get a modest percentage of your financial recovery.
- An intimate knowledge of elder mistreatment issues: As we have completed elder abuse and neglect cases, our attorneys have gained a deep knowledge of related issues. We work directly with experts and understand the toll that abuse and neglect take on elderly victims.
- Extensive experience: Elder abuse and neglect cases are an essential practice area for our firm. We have an obligation to protect the most vulnerable, so we focus intently on getting justice for the elderly. Our experience prepares us for your loved one’s case against Bayshore on Hilton Head Island.
- A proven track record: Our firm’s case results include many settlements and verdicts for elderly clients. We use our resources, legal knowledge, and experience to secure the compensation our clients deserve.
We represent any survivor of elder abuse, neglect, and medical errors. If your loved one passed away because of mistreatment, we can also represent you. You have the right to effective legal representation.
An assisted living facility lawyer from our team will prioritize your case against Bayshore on Hilton Head Island. While facilities do not always face criminal charges for negligence, Hughey Law Firm works to ensure that negligent facilities are accountable for the harm they cause.
What Damages Should an Elderly Mistreatment Victim Get Compensation For?
Our attorneys know that each victim of abuse and neglect suffers in their own way. We identify clients’ damages case-by-case, ensuring we seek compensation that reflects your loved one’s damages.
Signs of elder abuse and neglect include:
- Physical injuries: Bed sores, cuts, bruises, scars, and malnourishment are physical symptoms that can result from neglect or abuse. You might also find changes in an elderly victim’s demeanor and personality if they have suffered abuse or neglect at Bayshore on Hilton Head Island.
- Emotional and psychological injuries: Victims of emotional and psychological abuse may become withdrawn, fearful, isolated, and diminished in other ways. The toll of psychological and emotional abuse may also take a toll on the victim’s physical health.
These symptoms often translate into specific damages.
Hughey Law Firm Will Seek Compensation for All of Your Loved One’s Damages
As your loved one’s attorneys, we will categorize your loved one’s damages.
Those categories may include:
- Pain and suffering: Each of our elder abuse clients have endured some degree of pain and suffering. This category of damage can include physical pain, emotional and psychological distress, depression, lost quality of life, and similar damages.
- Medical expenses: If your loved one required or requires any medical care for physical injuries, infections, or other results of abuse or neglect, we’ll include those medical bills in their case.
- Psychological and emotional treatment costs: If your loved one requires therapy, medication, or other treatments to overcome the symptoms of psychological or emotional mistreatment, we’ll seek compensation to cover the care.
- Relocation costs: Moving costs money. We’ll seek compensation to cover moving services, inconvenience, and other damages related to your loved one’s relocation (assuming they move to a new facility.)
We take a comprehensive approach when evaluating clients’ damages. We want to be certain that, after your loved one receives a settlement or verdict, they don’t ever have to pay for damages related to abuse or neglect.
Call Hughey Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation About Your Loved One’s Case
Remember that we can also lead to a wrongful death case if you lost a loved one due to negligence. If Bayshore on Hilton Head Island failed to protect your loved one in any way, it should be accountable. An assisted living facility lawyer in South Carolina from our firm will demand fair compensation for your (or your loved one’s) damages.
Contact Hughey Law Firm today at (843) 881-8644 for your free consultation.
Hughey Law Firm – Charleston Office
171 Church Street Suite 330
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 633-6877
“Thank you Hughey Law Firm! It was a pleasure to work with you on my case! From the beginning, every contact I had with your firm was professional, kind, helpful, and painless! I always felt kept in the loop, and important to you as a client. If you are looking for a personal injury attorney with integrity, I would highly recommend Hughey Law Firm!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Read more on Google.