- South Carolina Brain Injury Lawyers
- South Carolina Burn Injury Lawyers
- South Carolina Bus Accident Lawyers
- South Carolina Car Accident Lawyers
- South Carolina Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
- Child Injuries
- South Carolina Dog Bite Lawyers
- South Carolina Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
- South Carolina Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Did your loved one endure abuse, neglect, or another type of mistreatment while living at Sweetgrass Court Senior Living Community in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina? Let an attorney from Hughey Law Firm work to hold the facility responsible for failing to protect your loved one, as we have before in successful cases against Sweetgrass Court Senior Living Community.
Our firm represents elderly victims of mistreatment throughout South Carolina. A Sweetgrass Court Senior Living Community lawyer from Hughey Law Firm will fight for your loved one’s financial recovery. Reach out to a Mount Pleasant nursing home abuse lawyer.
Why Have Victims of Elder Mistreatment Complained About Sweetgrass Court Senior Living Community?
Your loved one is not the first to experience abuse or neglect at Sweetgrass Court Senior Living Community. Our law firm is aware of prior complaints against this facility, which casts doubt upon the treatment of all residents, including your loved one.
Residents at senior living facilities deserve dignity and a high quality of care. If your loved one received anything less than this, you might have grounds to sue the facility.
Forms of Elder Mistreatment That Demand Legal Action
Caregivers are not perfect, but there are standards that every caregiver and elder care facility must meet. In the most tragic cases, negligence by caregivers crosses the lines of abuse and neglect.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) organizes elder abuse into several categories, including:
- Neglect: When caregivers fail to administer basic care to an elderly patient—including help with eating, restroom use, bathing, medication, and personal hygiene, they are guilty of neglect.
- Physical abuse: Any inappropriate physical contact with an elderly person may qualify as physical abuse. Some cases of physical abuse are cut-and-dry, such as when a caregiver strikes, pinches, shoves, or trips their patient. Even when abuse is not as clear, it is worth hiring a lawyer to review your loved one’s potential mistreatment.
- Psychological abuse: Elderly victims can be emotionally and psychologically fragile. Their limited physical abilities may make them even more prone to psychological and emotional abuse. Name-calling, threatening behavior, and causing intentional distress are a few examples of emotional and psychological abuse.
- Financial exploitation: Elderly individuals with any degree of financial independence may face exploitation from caregivers. Stealing, coercion, and improper billing all qualify as financial exploitation.
Not all mistreatment fits into these categories. If you suspect that your loved one did not receive the level of care that they deserved, the lawyers at Hughey Law Firm can review your case. We may even consult with experts to determine if your loved one suffered unacceptable mistreatment and whether you should pursue legal action in response.
Damages That Your Loved One May Have Suffered Because of Their Mistreatment at Sweetgrass Court Senior Living Community
First, understand that you may recover these damages. Our attorneys will fight to ensure that your loved one gets money for all of their mistreatment-related damages.
When someone suffers abuse or neglect in an elder care facility, they may also suffer:
Physical abuse, neglect, and other forms of mistreatment may cause injuries and other health problems that require medical attention. From bedsores to internal injuries, much harm can occur when an elderly patient does not receive the care they need and deserve.
The Sweetgrass Court Senior Living Community lawyers from Hughey Law Firm may seek compensation for:
- Medical equipment
- Any other medical services or equipment resulting from mistreatment
The cost of elder mistreatment can be steep, and medical expenses can account for a significant percentage of that cost.
The Cost of Psychological or Emotional Counseling
If your loved one experienced emotional or psychological trauma, they might need medications and various types of counseling to recover. We will consider this potential damage when handling your loved one’s case against Sweetgrass Court Senior Living Community.
Costs to Relocate
If your loved one chooses to relocate following mistreatment at Sweetgrass Court Senior Living Community, they may face moving costs and other expenses when relocating to a new location. We’ll include these expenses in the financial recovery we seek for your loved one.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering damages are typical when someone experiences abuse or neglect.
This category of non-economic damages can include:
- Physical pain
- Emotional anguish
- Psychological distress
- Lost quality of life
- Difficulty sleeping
Hughey Law Firm understands that elder mistreatment can leave lasting scars. We will work with experts to identify the full cost of your loved one’s mistreatment, and we’ll fight for the entire settlement or judgment your loved one deserves.
How the Lawyers at Hughey Law Firm Will Serve Your Loved One
Hughey Law Firm has recovered more than $205 million in settlements and judgments for our clients.
We will do everything in our power to get justice for your loved one, including:
- Identifying those with legal responsibility for your loved one’s mistreatment: Liable parties need to cover the damages they have caused your loved one to suffer. We’ll work hard to ensure that they do.
- Documenting your loved one’s damages: Our team will collect medical records, witness testimony, your loved one’s account of symptoms, expert testimony, and any other documentation that helps prove damages.
- Seeking a settlement: Hughey Law Firm will represent your loved one in settlement negotiations. We will organize all evidence and documentation, as well as our larger argument, in preparation for negotiations. We will not advise your loved one to accept an offer unless it is fair to them.
Our attorneys and paralegals manage every detail of each case we handle. We’ll complete the paperwork, file the lawsuit, lead communications, and complete every other step necessary to resolve your loved one’s case.
We may face a deadline for filing your case, so don’t wait to hire us.
Call Hughey Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
The lawyers at Hughey Law Firm are ready to fight for your loved one. We are familiar with the Sweetgrass Court Senior Living Community, and we don’t stand for elder mistreatment. We will work to get your loved one the money they deserve as quickly as possible. Reach out to a South Carolina nursing home abuse lawyer.