- South Carolina Brain Injury Lawyers
- South Carolina Burn Injury Lawyers
- South Carolina Bus Accident Lawyers
- South Carolina Car Accident Lawyers
- South Carolina Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
- Child Injuries
- South Carolina Dog Bite Lawyers
- South Carolina Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- South Carolina Hospital Fall Attorney
- South Carolina Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- South Carolina Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
- South Carolina Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- South Carolina Personal Injury Lawyers
Did your loved one reside, or do they currently reside, at Oakhaven Nursing Center in Darlington, South Carolina? Do you know or suspect they suffered abuse or neglect while at the facility?
We can tell you, from personal experience, that it’s not the first time. Hughey Law Firm has brought allegations of abuse and neglect against Oakhaven Nursing Center in the past and won those cases against the facility on behalf of its residents.
Hughey Law Firm can review your loved one’s case and seek justice for any mistreatment your loved one endured. Reach out to an Oakhaven Nursing Center Abuse and Neglect Attorney.
Table of Contents
- What Qualifies as Elder Abuse or Neglect?
- What to Do if You Suspect Abuse or Neglect of a Loved One in Oakhaven Nursing Center
- Why You Should Hire Hughey Law Firm as Your Legal Representatives in Darlington
- Recoverable Damages in a South Carolina Elder Abuse or Neglect Case
What Qualifies as Elder Abuse or Neglect?
Neglect generally occurs when a caregiver fails to meet a patient’s basic needs.
This can include failure to:
- Feed the patient or help them during mealtime
- Bathe the patient
- Change the patient’s bedpan, or help them to the restroom
- Brush the patient’s teeth
- Administer medications in the proper dosage
- Engage the patient socially, or help them engage with others in social activities
Many residents of nursing homes simply cannot care for themselves. It is the responsibility of facilities like Oakhaven Nursing Center and individual caregivers to ensure proper care.
Signs of neglect may include poor hygiene, an unkempt appearance, body odor, and clothing stained with urine or feces. Neglect takes many forms, though, and we can help you determine if your loved one suffered this type of mistreatment.
Abuse generally includes a more obvious infliction of harm upon a victim.
Elder abuse can include:
No type of elder mistreatment is acceptable. Hughey Law Firm will take prompt action against any parties that have allowed or caused harm to your loved one.
Why You Should Hire Hughey Law Firm as Your Legal Representatives in Darlington
We understand that victims of abuse and neglect have many choices for an attorney. Our firm distinguishes itself from other law firms, especially when it comes to elder mistreatment cases.
Our attorneys focus heavily on cases like your loved one’s. We truly understand how sensitive elder abuse and neglect cases are. We’ll exhibit the compassion that your loved one deserves.
We also have the legal knowledge and training that clients seek. While we’ll show the utmost respect to you and your loved one, liable parties will quickly understand that we mean business.
When you hire Hughey Law Firm, you can:
- Focus on your loved one, as we will provide updates about your case whenever necessary
- Reach out to attorneys whenever you need us
- Not have to pay out-of-pocket for any case-related expenses
- Will not provide us our fee unless we get compensation for you
- Know that you’re valued, as our representation always centers around the client
Elder abuse and neglect take a great toll on the victim. It is our mission to secure justice when elder mistreatment takes place in South Carolina.
Recoverable Damages in a South Carolina Elder Abuse or Neglect Case
Abuse and neglect cause psychological, emotional, and often financial harm. Our attorneys and experts will determine which types of harm your loved one has suffered. We’ll complete detailed calculations, identifying the compensation your loved one deserves for their losses.
Recoverable damages in an elder abuse and neglect case may include:
- Pain and suffering: South Carolina allows victims of abuse and neglect to seek compensation for their pain and suffering. This is about accounting for the emotional, psychological, and other non-economic harm that your loved one has endured.
- Treatment for pain and suffering: If your loved one needs treatment for their pain and suffering, we’ll seek appropriate coverage through their lawsuit.
- Medical costs: Any abuse- or neglect-related medical costs will likely be a part of our lawsuit. Medical expenses can quickly add up, especially for elderly patients. Your loved one should not have to worry about these costs, and we’ll seek to have liable parties cover them.
- Moving expenses: If your loved one chooses to leave Oakhaven Nursing Center, we may seek coverage for all moving expenses.
Each victim of abuse and neglect comes to us with a one-of-a-kind story and unique damages to match. Our firm will identify all of your loved one’s losses, assign each a monetary value, and fight for fair coverage of those losses.
Elderly victims and their loved ones may feel alone after a facility betrays their trust. You shouldn’t feel this way because Hughey Law Firm has your back.
“Thank you Hughey Law Firm! It was a pleasure to work with you on my case! From the beginning, every contact I had with your firm was professional, kind, helpful, and painless! I always felt kept in the loop, and important to you as a client. If you are looking for a personal injury attorney with integrity, I would highly recommend Hughey Law Firm!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!
Call Hughey Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
We encourage you to call Hughey Law Firm as soon as you can. Our team will start your case as quickly as possible, ensuring we honor any case-related deadlines. Your consultation will be free and comes with no strings or obligations attached.
Call Hughey Law Firm today at (843) 881-8644 or contact us through our website to complete your free consultation. Justice awaits your loved one, and they should feel safe in the facility where they live. Reach out to a South Carolina personal injury lawyer.