After a motorcycle accident, you may find yourself suffering from significant injuries, including ones that may impact your quality of life permanently. Motorcycle accident injuries are often more significant than those sustained in simple auto accidents, because there is virtually no protection between you and the road.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongful acts, you may be entitled to significant compensation. Don’t delay in seeking the legal support you need to protect your rights. Contact Hughey Law Firm today at (843) 881-8644 to schedule a free consultation to discuss whether the facts and circumstances of your accident may entitle you to recover damages from those responsible.
We Have Helped Motorcycle Accident Victims
At Hughey Law Firm, we have extensive experience as attorneys resolving personal injury claims, including numerous motor vehicle accident cases. We have recovered substantial sums for our injured clients, including a $5 Million settlement for a trucking accident and a settlement worth more than $975,000 for an auto accident that resulted in significant injuries. These results depended on the unique circumstances of each case; there is no guarantee of damages in any case. However, when our clients have been injured in an auto accident, we commit to aggressively pursuing their claims to obtain the compensation they deserve, so that they can move forward with their recoveries and their lives.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents can lead to substantial injuries. It’s possible to recover from some of them, but others leave victims with permanent disabilities. These can include but are not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Broken bones;
- Soft tissue damage;
- Organ damage;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Road rash;
- Facial fractures; and
Who Causes Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
The unique circumstances of your motorcycle accident will determine who might be legally responsible for compensating you for your injuries. Oftentimes, motorcycle accidents involve collisions with other motor vehicles in which the other driver is at fault. Drivers are not the only parties potentially liable for motorcycle accident injuries, however. Others may include but are not limited to:
- The city, if roads have not been built or maintained in safe condition, thereby increasing the risk of accident and injury at the location where you were hurt;
- Any bar or restaurant that over-served a drunk driver who struck you, resulting in injuries
- The manufacturers of your bike, bike parts, or of another motor vehicle, for those vehicles or parts failed and caused your accident;
- The employer of anyone who was driving a work vehicle involved in your accident.
Working with an attorney can be the most effective way to determine who may bear legal responsibility for compensating you for the injuries sustained in your accident.
The Damages Victims Can Recover After Motorcycle Accidents
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident because of someone else’s negligence or wrongful actions, you want to recover all of the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Working with your attorney is the most effective way to figure out what damages you may have the right to recover. These may include:
- Payment for your medical expenses. This includes both the immediate cost of a hospital visit, including ambulance transport, and the long-term cost of medical care following your injuries. The damages to which you may be entitled may also include an estimate for future medical expenses.
- Compensation for pain and suffering. It’s difficult to quantify pain and suffering, but the compensation you’re due may take into account the extent of your injuries and how much they impact your quality of life.
- The cost of lost wages and lost earning potential. If an accident and resulting injuries forced to miss time at work while you were recovering from your injuries, or caused you permanent disabilities that reduce or even destroy your ability to work forever, your damage award may include an estimate of the wages you would have otherwise earned if not for the accident.
- Wrongful death damages. If your loved one died in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to a range of damages intended to compensate you and your family for the loss, including loss of companionship, loss of your loved one’s income, and funeral expenses, among others.
Insurance Companies Will Fight Your Claim
Motorcycle accidents can involve multiple parties who could bear legal responsibility for your injuries. Unfortunately, in many cases, those parties may try to avoid paying their fair share of compensation you have the right to receive. In South Carolina, accident victims can only recover damages if they were less than fifty percent (50%) at fault for the accident in which they sustained their injuries.
As a result, parties who bear responsibility and their insurance companies may often try to shift blame to each other, or even blame you, the victim, for your own injury. Working with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can be the most effective way to ensure those parties do not get away with their tactics, and to protect you against accepting low-ball settlement offers that undervalue the true cost of your injuries.
Call the Hughey Law Firm After Your Motorcycle Accident
Hughey Law Firm offers a free consultation for you to discuss the facts of your or your loved one’s motorcycle accident injury with an attorney who is experienced in the field. When our team agrees to represent a client, for motorcycle accidents, we handle the matter on a contingent fee basis, in which we only recover our fees out of any settlement or verdict that our client receives.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongful conduct, you may be entitled to significant compensation. Protect your rights by seeking experienced legal representation as soon as possible. Contact the compassionate, dedicated team at Hughey Law Firm today online or by phone at (843) 881-8644 to schedule a free consultation to discuss how we may be able to help.
“I couldn’t be more pleased with the level of service I received from Nate at Hughey Law Firm. He took the time to not only learn about my case but also to learn about my father. I could tell all throughout the procedures that he had my best interest in mind and I would recommend him anytime on any case. Thank you so much.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!